Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cathedral Cove

A journey with a desperate wish

Cathedral Cove is one of the most beautiful places in North Island of New Zealand, located around two and half hours away from Auckland City. I saw an image taken by both Dave Norton, one of famous British landscape photographers, and a flickr friend of mine. When I saw the image, I started wondering and googling where it would be. In fact, I've been to Cathedral Cove before, but I haven't seen the place where it was taken. Finally, I found out that it was taken at somewhere in Pa site near Hahei beach, New Zealand. I decided to visit there to take a sunrise shot.

I woke up at 2:30am and drove to get there under a crescent moon. When I got there, the sun still was below the horizon. In dark, I put on a head lamp and climbed up the hill with a hope to find the exact spot. Luckily, I found the same tree I saw in the image and happlily took a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment